Burnin’ Like A Heat Wave
I don’t know about where you are…but here is Grand Rapids, MI it is hot, hot, hot! Temperature was 75 when I woke up at 6 this morning… it will get up to feeling like it is 105! wowie.
I just booked my flight for FNCE (Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo) this fall! Texas here I come! I am pretty excited seeing as how I have wanted to go since I started college. Financially I knew it would only be feasible to go once and that time has come! Four days of pure nutrition geek-ness.
Since it is so hot out I have been enjoying the air conditioning. At the gym I work at it is ALWAYS so cold (we have an ice rink too). I usually complain about it, but now I am most definitely thankful and am retracting all of the previous complaints. Needless to say, my pinterest addiction has been in full-swing since I have been spending so much time inside. I found this gem of a recipe today and thought I would share. Zucchini is on sale this week so I think I am obligated to make it, don’t you?
Roast Zucchini Salsa
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 handful cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pepitas, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush the zucchini in oil, place it on a baking sheet with the cut side up and roast on the top shelf in a preheated 450F oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Puree everything in a food processor.
“Well, that’s like summer in a bowl!”- Joey from FRIENDS